Metro Bank Attracts Banking Heavy Weights to new Commercial Team
Metro Bank has today launched a specialist Large Commercial Banking team focused on supporting trading businesses, and staffed by a team of industry experts.
Andy Veares, Director of Large Commercial Banking, will lead the new department and is joined by Paul Robinson and Simon Vallance, previously of Santander UK; and Mark Byrne and Andrew Cremin formally of Lloyds Banking Group. All four have been appointed as Commercial Banking Directors.
The 10-strong team will focus on those companies with a turnover above £10 million and debt in excess of £3 million and will be able to support organisations with all their day-today banking requirements, including management buy-ins and outs, as well as asset purchases.
Andy Veares, Director of Large Commercial Banking at Metro Bank said: “We’ve seen unprecedented demand for our commercial banking services over the past year, particularly from larger organisations who are looking for traditional relationship banking, delivered by experienced commercial bankers and under-pinned by state-of-the art technology. We’re providing customers with a true banking alternative.
“I’m delighted to welcome Paul, Simon, Mark and Andrew to the growing team. Their wide-ranging expertise, coupled with the bank’s commitment to ‘no stupid bank rules’ will enable us to provide customers with a superior banking experience geared around their needs. They will each play a valuable role not just in the team, but in the direction of our commercial bank, and I look forward to working with all four of them.”
- New R&D Tax Credit Could Leave Lots to Be Desired for Struggling UK SME’s Read more
- Leading Insurance Franchisor Reaches $1 Billion Milestone, Earns Industry Accolades Read more
- RISE Announces Winners of $1.5 Million Flood Insurance of the Future Challenge Read more
- Newgen Partners with Mambu to Streamline End-to-end Lending Processes Read more
- BayPort Credit Union Wins Two CUNA Diamond Awards for Creative Excellence in Marketing Read more