Maybank offers Flood Relief Assistance to affected customers nationwide
Maybank today announced that it is offering Flood Relief Assistance to individual, SME and other non-retail customers affected by devastating floods arising from heavy rainfall over the past few days. The relief assistance is aimed at alleviating the financial burden of Maybank customers impacted by the floods, which caused significant property damage and made many roads impassable. The Flood Relief Assistance is designed to address the challenges the flood victims are facing and will include, amongst others, deferment of financing/loan payment, a reduction in monthly instalment or extension of repayment tenure.
Customers can apply for the Flood Relief Assistance via two easy channels, as follows:
- Email to [email protected] providing name/company name, IC number/Business Registration, contact number, type of loan/product (e.g Mortgage, Hire Purchase, Term Loan Financing); Vehicle number (for Hire Purchase)
- Visit or call any of our branches, SME Centres, Business Banking Centres or Auto Finance Centres (whichever is relevant) nationwide.
All applications will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Additionally, the Bank is also offering waiver of fees and charges for selected services, such as replacement of debit card, ATM cards or cheque books lost or damaged during the floods. It will also provide waiver for late charges for credit cards of affected customers. Meanwhile, Maybank Group’s insurance arm, Etiqa, has put in place a quick and easy claim process for its insurance policyholders and takaful certificate holders, with no forms or supporting documents required. To submit a claim, the respective policyholders or certificate holders can:
- Submit a text message, photos or videos of the flood to its dedicated 24-hour Whatsapp numbers:
Kuala Lumpur, Selangor, Perak, Kedah, Penang, and Perlis: 011-1630 6646 Kelantan, Terengganu, Pahang, Johor, Melaka, Negeri Sembilan, Sabah and Sarawak 018-226 3288
- Call its Flood Claims Careline
Kuala Lumpur, Selangor, Perak, Kedah, Penang, and Perlis: 03-2692 8188 Kelantan, Terengganu, Pahang, Johor, Melaka, Negeri Sembilan, Sabah and Sarawak 03-4270 7735 / 03-4270 5068
On-site claims for amounts less than RM20,000 will be approved instantly. Apart from claims, Etiqa is also assisting flood victims by distributing relief packets to affected areas. Maybank Group’s main focus now is to assist the communities affected by the floods and to safeguard their wellbeing. The Flood Relief Assistance is designed to support Maybank’s customers in protecting the safety of their families and focus on rebuilding their lives following the floods. In addition to the Flood Relief Assistance, Maybank continues to make available its ongoing Covid-19 pandemic Repayment Assistance programmes. Aside from providing support to its customers, Maybank is also ensuring that it takes care of its own employees impacted by the floods by extending financial and on-site assistance, home cleaning services and providing emergency starter packs, which includes food and non-food supplies, to help ease difficulties experienced by Maybank employees and their family members.
“Given the significant impact arising from yesterday’s floods, it is crucial for us to render assistance through any means possible to our communities and employees so that we may overcome this challenging period together. We have granted paid leave on 20 December for affected employees in Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur, Selangor and other areas affected by the floods in line with our mission of Humanising Financial Services,” said Group President & CEO of Maybank, Abdul Farid Alias.
People In This Post
Companies In This Post
- Sprout.ai: More than half of UK and US insurers using generative AI technologies Read more
- Actionable Business Insights via upSWOT Now Standard on the Alkami Digital Banking Platform Read more
- Lexasure Financial Group Launches LexasureCloud 1.0 Digital B2B2C InsurTech Platform at InsureTech Connect Asia Read more
- LeaseQuery Solutions Garner Industry Recognition in Atlanta’s Technology Market Read more
- Christian Luckow Discusses The Use Of AI In The Payments Industry Read more