Luno Continues Rapid Growth Hitting 8 Million Milestone
Luno, the leading global cryptocurrency company on a mission to upgrade the world to a better financial system, has announced a major milestone of eight million customers (wallets), with one million added in just 12 weeks. This follows an earlier announcement in April after it reached seven million customers in just seven weeks.
The business has grown rapidly due to the simplicity of its online and mobile platforms, educating users on how to invest in cryptocurrencies and its bank-grade security. It is actively working with regulators and banks to safely increase access to cryptocurrencies.
Commenting on Luno’s latest milestone, Marcus Swanepoel, said: “Since 2013, Luno’s goal has been to help make cryptocurrencies secure and accessible for all. Adding over a million customers in 12 weeks shows just how fast we are moving to achieve this, and how quickly cryptocurrencies are moving into the mainstream. We’re so pleased to hit this milestone, but know this is only the beginning as we continue on the path to reaching 1 billion customers by 2030.”
Luno in the UK
The milestone announcement comes at a time Luno has been particularly active in the UK – with its recent sponsorship of the Art of Banksy exhibition, and its partnership with Papa John’s in celebration of the now-infamous Bitcoin pizza day on the 22nd May.
It also continues to collaborate with some of the most innovative technology companies. Last month, it announced it was working with UK fintech unicorn Onfido to see how its Face Authenticate product will help Luno customers with an account recovery experience that is simple and fast while maintaining the highest level of security.
Founded in 2013 by Marcus Swanepoel and Timothy Stranex, Luno now has more than 400 employees across offices in South Africa, Malaysia, Indonesia, Nigeria, Singapore, and the UK.
Luno is a leading global cryptocurrency company on a mission to upgrade the world to a better financial system. Headquartered in London with regional hubs in Johannesburg and Cape Town, Luno now has a team of over 400.
With over eight million customers (wallets) spanning more than 40 countries, Luno’s products and services make it safe and easy to buy, store and learn about cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin and Ethereum. Luno was recently acquired by DCG, the world’s largest blockchain investor.
Companies In This Post
- US blockchain company, Constellation Network, Welcomes Leading Experts from Top Enterprises and U.S. Government Agencies to their Enterprise Advisory Board. Read more
- JustPaid, AI-powered Finance Startup, To Launch Game-Changing GPT App In OpenAI’S GPT Store Read more
- Eltropy Collaborates with Jack Henry’s Banno Digital Banking Platform Read more
- Ledger partners with bolt to launch device protection for its industry-leading secure devices Read more
- Nigeria: African Development Bank and FSDH Merchant Bank sign $20 million Trade Finance Agreement to support Small and Midsize Enterprises (SMEs) and Corporates Read more