livi introduces livi QR Payment
livi bank, Hong Kong’s leading lifestyle-driven virtual bank, announced today the launch of livi QR Payment for the Mainland market, allowing its customers to make cross-border payments in mainland China and other popular travel destinations such as Japan, South Korea and Thailand. In mainland China, livi enables customers to make QR payments through one single platform, its livi App, at over 29 million QR-code enabled merchants, bringing a hassle-free experience for customers who are welcoming the border re-opening following the easing of pandemic-related measures.
As the first cross-border QR Payment solution launched by a Hong Kong virtual bank, livi QR Payment seamlessly integrates with UnionPay’s payment and merchant network. It allows customers to pay securely at QR code-enabled merchant outlets through the livi App. In this seamless customer journey, payments are automatically settled in Hong Kong Dollars (HKD) at UnionPay’s market-leading exchange rates, with no handling fee incurred and no charge on currency exchange.
“With the easing of border restrictions, our customers are keen on going to the Mainland to visit their families and friends, conduct their business or go on an adventure. livi QR Payment is simple, fast and seamless – customers can simply present or scan their QR code to complete the payment,” said livi Chief Product Officer Carol Hung.
“livi QR Payment addresses customer concerns about handling fees and the trouble of managing cross-border payments on multiple platforms or e-wallets. We are delighted to introduce another secure payment experience together with UnionPay as we advance our payment offerings.” Carol Hung added.
livi QR Payment offers a simple and convenient way of taking care of customers’ travel needs for leisure or work trips through the simplicity of the livi App:
- Convenient: A few simple steps to activate Mainland QR Payment: (1) Log into livi App and click “Pay”; (2) Tap “Mainland China” at the top; (3) Tap “Activate now” to enable “Outside Hong Kong QR Payment”; and (4) Tap “Confirm”. Once on the Mainland, make payments by simply clicking ‘Pay’ in the livi App, and the Mainland QR code will automatically be presented for payment.
- Hassle-free: All spending with livi QR Payment is settled in Hong Kong Dollars at UnionPay’s market-leading exchange rates and deducted from liviSave, with no handling fee incurred and no charge on currency exchange.
- Secure and Flexible: Customers can set a valid period for using the service, and can turn it off at any time.
- Transparent: All transactions can be tracked, and customers will receive instant notifications.
- Rewarding: Customers can enjoy ‘Shake Shake’ rewards after paying with livi QR Payment.
From now until 31 March 2023, livi customers who pay via livi QR payment will be entitled to shake and earn up to 100% Shake Shake Rewards. Rewards can be redeemed on the next spending and customers can enjoy rewards up to HK$500 per calendar month.
livi QR Payment is widely accepted in mainland China, Macau, and the Asia Pacific, wherever the UnionPay QR label is presented. It covers an extensive range of industries including food and beverage, hospitality, entertainment and retail, meeting customers’ different lifestyle needs.
Companies In This Post
- Spline Data Announces Launch of Its First Quantitative Municipal Bond Curve Pricing Solutions Read more
- Global Fintech Leader Ascenda Announces Axis Bank Partnership Read more
- 21Shares and CoinGecko Release The Global Crypto Classification Standard Report Read more
- Tempo France and Nairagram Unite for African Remittances: A Game Changer Read more
- Broadridge Named Leading Provider of Managed Services Capabilities by Chartis Read more