Gabrielle Bugat promoted to group management team at Giesecke+Devrient
Giesecke+Devrient has appointed Gabrielle Bugat as a new member of the G+D Group management team. Beyond managing the activities related to G+D’s smart card and associated services business, operations and R&D, Ms. Bugat will also lead the further expansion of the digital business around secure digital payment solutions.
Ms. Bugat, a French native, joined Giesecke+Devrient in February 2017. After an international career, she started working at the Munich-based technology group as Head of Sales and Marketing for payment cards and solutions around secure digital payments. Subsequently she took over responsibility for the overall business with smart cards and digital payments security in banking and beyond.
In addition to this, Ms. Bugat is now assuming responsibility for the successful further development of G+D’s investments in all aspects of digital payments. The most recent example of this is the investment in the Swiss software company Netcetera in summer 2020.
“Gabrielle Bugat has outstanding knowledge and international experience in the business with cards and digital payment solutions. She brings the best prerequisites for the further expansion of our portfolio, especially in the digital business,” commented Group CEO Ralf Wintergerst on Ms. Bugat’s appointment.
“As G+D, we are uniquely positioned in the payment ecosystem, with a portfolio spanning cash and payment cards as well as digital payment methods. I am delighted that in my new role I will be able to shape G+D’s contribution to the future of digital payment,” says Ms. Bugat.
- Visa and Oxfam America to Explore Expanding Anticipatory Action Program to Bring Pre-Disaster Financial Support to the Philippines, Kenya, Colombia, and Puerto Rico Read more
- Global Centre launched to accelerate climate finance Read more
- A Third or More Young Investors Acted on Misleading Online Financial Advice Read more
- ICMA announces collaboration with IsDB and LSEG for developing guidance for practitioners on Green Sukuk Read more
- Crypto.com Receives Authorisation as an Electronic Money Institution from the United Kingdom’s Financial Conduct Authority Read more