TD Announces Exclusive Strategic Relationship With CanadaVisa to Help Support Newcomers as They Establish Their Financial Life in Canada
Today, TD is pleased to announce an exclusive two-year strategic relationship with CanadaVisa, one of the leading sources of Canadian immigration information.
With 2.4M monthly users and 895,000 forum members, CanadaVisa, and its affiliate news site – CIC News, host the world’s largest Canadian immigration forum. They provide breaking news, analysis, and resources, delivered across multiple online channels and formats, to help newcomers navigate all aspects of the Canadian immigration process and settle into their life here.
A vital economic driver for Canada, immigration currently accounts for roughly 80 per cent of Canada’s population growth and nearly 100 per cent of labour force growth. The Government of Canada recently announced that it is set to welcome nearly 1.45 million new permanent residents by 2025 — in addition to many more international students and temporary workers.
The TD and CanadaVisa strategic relationship will give newcomers access to a consistent and reliable stream of content that can help bolster their acumen across important financial topics, such as – understanding different types of bank accounts, saving for the future, building a good credit score, buying a home, and much more.
“It’s integral that we do our best to equip newcomers with the resources and tools they need to begin a successful life in Canada, and given the size and scope of their audience, we see CanadaVisa as a great organization to work alongside, to help achieve that goal,” said Sona Mehta, SVP, Canadian Personal Banking at TD.
“Moving to a new country is exciting, but it can also be overwhelming. At TD, our primary focus for our valued new to Canada customers, as well as all new Canadians, is making sure they have the resources and support they need at all stages of their Canadian journey,” added Mehta.
To ensure a seamless transition for newcomers to Canada, TD has recently introduced tailored product offerings including:
- TD New to Canada Banking Package: Valued at C$1,575, this exclusive package consists of all the day-to-day banking products a newcomer may need, alongside additional rewards, fee waivers and lifestyle benefits.
- TD International Student Banking Package: Valued at C$600, this package supports international students’ transition to post-secondary education in Canada, by offering tailored products and lifestyle benefits, such as a TD Student Chequing Account, one of two Savings Accounts, a TD Rewards Visa card, and a One-year Amazon.ca Prime Student Membership.
- TD International Student GIC Program: TD offers a fully digital, no annual fee solution which allows prospective students to fulfill the GIC (Guaranteed Investment Certificate) requirement of the Federal Government’s expedited study permit processing (SDS) program.
- Resources available in more than 10 different languages: Newcomers can request documentation in a different language to better understand important financial concepts and TD products and services. A New to Canada Welcome Booklet and a Guide to Canadian Banking Terms are available.
“Empowering newcomers throughout their immigration journey to Canada is paramount to us at CanadaVisa. By providing them with quality information, advice, and services, we’re strengthening our value-add as one of the leading sources of Canadian immigration information,” said Riley Cohen, CEO at CanadaVisa.
So, whether it’s providing pre-arrival guidance and resources, getting newcomers set up with essential banking needs on arrival, advice on small business opportunities, homeownership, or creating an investment portfolio to build long-term wealth. TD can be that trusted partner for new Canadians, at all stages of their journey, and we’re delighted to begin this strategic relationship with them.”
People In This Post
Companies In This Post
- Tenity (Previously F10) Announces Initial Closing of Its Early-stage Fintech Fund Read more
- Cashflows Launches AI-powered Fast Onboarding to Streamline Merchant Onboarding Read more
- Yasmeen Jaffer – JJCFinTech – Finovate Europe 2023 Read more
- Will Ellis – Lenvi – Finovate Europe 2023 Read more
- Billtrust Surpasses $100 Billion in Payments Volume in 2022 Amid Strong Growth Read more