Silverbird announces new COO hire
London-based fintech Silverbird has made a senior appointment, hiring Daan de Voogd as its new Chief Operations Officer (COO).
Silverbird is a modern global payment platform designed to provide small and medium-sized enterprises with a streamlined and entirely digital onboarding process. The platform eliminates the necessity for in-person interviews or visits to a physical branch, as all required documents are efficiently managed electronically. This empowers businesses to effectively manage their finances from any location.
Before joining Silverbird, Daan de Voogd spent four years on the executive team at Onfido, scaling their operations, and helping them grow their revenue sixfold. Prior to that, he spent two years in private equity, and before that, eight years in the senior leadership team at consulting firm Newton Europe.
When asked about his decision to join Silverbird, Daan expressed enthusiasm for the company’s mission, stating, “I love our vision — helping businesses from all over the world trade freely.” His philosophy as a COO is centred on translating the CEO’s vision into tangible reality, and using data to consistently make better decisions.
Silverbird’s co-founder Georgy Babilashvili said: “As we are growing, we make it a point to strengthen our leadership team with top talent from other fintechs and technology companies.”
Silverbird’s co-founder and CEO Max Faldin said: “We have received so many references on Daan that we haven’t received on anybody in the entire history of the company. And the position is crucial — Chief Operating Officer. When I was talking to the founder of his previous company, he told me that Daan was the most successful operational hire that he has ever made. I’m so happy to have Daan in our team.”
Companies In This Post
- BNY Mellon Announces Expanded Mental Health Benefits and Increased Minimum Wage for U.S. Employees Read more
- Users link over $500M in self-directed assets on Magnifi, the AI-powered financial co-pilot for individual investors Read more
- What happened at the FF Awards 2023?! Read more
- Adyen Enters into a Long-Term Payments Partnership with S Group Across 1,900+ Locations in Finland and Estonia Read more
- Wahed launches in the UAE becoming the country’s first dedicated Islamic digital investment platform Read more