Santa Cruz County Bank Announces New Chairman Stephen D. Pahl
Santa Cruz County Bank (the “Bank” OTCQX: SCZC) announced the election by its Board of Directors of Stephen D. Pahl as Chairman, following the annual meeting of shareholders held on May 24, 2023.
Stephen Pahl is Senior Partner and Chairman of Pahl & McCay, a professional law corporation, based in San Jose. His practice focuses on real estate transactions and litigation, employment matters and commercial litigation. During his tenure on the Board of Santa Cruz County Bank, he has chaired the Director’s Loan Committee, providing him broad credit experience in this aspect of banking operations. He also has served the Bank as its Corporate Secretary since January 2021.
The Board of Directors also reappointed John Burroughs as Vice Chairman. Mr. Burroughs will assume the additional responsibilities of serving as Corporate Secretary following the Annual Meeting.
Chairman Stephen D. Pahl stated, “It is an honor to continue serving on the Board in the role of Chairman of one of the highest rated community banks in the nation. Our strong financial performance is consistently above that of our banking peers and has allowed the Bank to expand its geographic reach into both Monterey County and Santa Clara County with the long-term goal and focus on building shareholder returns and providing safe and sound community banking for our clients. We have been very sensitive to the problems which have plagued some of the larger banks in our area. Our management and Board have taken proactive measures to avoid these issues and protect shareholder value.”
People In This Post
Companies In This Post
- Tink Will Embed Ecolytiq’s Solution Into Its Platform to Scale Sustainability Services Across Europe Read more
- Pleo launches unique auto top up functionality powered by J.P. Morgan payments Read more
- MPowered Mortgages Launches New Features to Automate Mortgage Application Process Further Read more
- Artificial Intelligence to take centre stage at the Singapore FinTech Festival 2023 Read more
- First Digital Group is Propelling Digital Asset Innovation With the Launch of Its New Stablecoin FDUSD, Bridging Stability With Innovation to Revolutionise the Existing Global Financial Landscape Read more