Fingerprints and Morix Collaborate to Launch Biometric Payment Card in Japan
Fingerprint Cards AB (Fingerprints™) and MoriX Co., Ltd, a leading Tokyo-based electronics company, are collaborating to develop and launch biometric payment cards. The card will feature Fingerprints’ T-Shape® module, which has ultra-low power consumption and is tailored to be integrated in payment cards using standard automated manufacturing processes.
There is a growing preference for card transactions among Japanese consumers, who are choosing touch-free, safe and seamless ways to pay. Adding biometrics to the contactless payment card will increase security, making it possible to remove the payment cap, currently at ¥20,000, and allow for hygienic and worriless contactless payments for all transactions.
“We are pleased to partner with MoriX, being a leading innovator in Japan. This collaboration will bring consumers in Japan a more secure, safe and easy payment experience”, says Michel Roig, SVP Business Line Payments & Access at Fingerprints.
“We selected the biometric solution from Fingerprints since they have the leading technology in the market for contactless biometric payments, with proven performance and the lowest power consumption”, says Akio Nishimura, Business Planning Chief, at MoriX.
Companies In This Post
- J.P. Morgan to provide account validation services to the U.S. Government Read more
- MindBridge Expands Financial Risk Discovery Platform Read more
- eMoney Advisor Introduces Multi-View in Decision Center, Improving Advisors’ Ability to Collaboratively Plan with Clients Through Personalized Dashboards Read more
- XXImo Becomes a Visa Principal Member, Strengthening Its Position as a Leading European Mobility Platform Read more
- Chubb and SentinelOne® Partner to Enhance Cyber Risk Management Read more