Candor Technology Wins Patent for Cutting-Edge Underwriting Technology
Candor Technology announced today that it has been granted a U.S. Patent for its CogniTech™ Expert System Technology which successfully models an underwriter and forensic auditor’s critical thinking.
Using Candor’s Loan Engineering System (LES), Candor clients have reported increased underwriter productivity by 400%, decrease turn-time by at least 10 days and increase pull-through by 15%. With this data, Candor estimates the reduction in repurchase exposure goes from 12bps to 1bps with the use of Candor’s technology.
Candor’s patented technology operates as an unbiased data matching and validation system. The system conducts a consistent underwriting of a loan or other financial asset, leveraging its access to and ability to interpret and compare data from multiple sources that lead to the quality underwriting of a loan. Candor’s technology doesn’t operate in the shadows of a black box, but rather creates a transparent and auditable underwriting trail that is preserved in a permanent, immutable, quantum ledger database.
The patent further solidifies Candor’s mission to conduct autonomous, extensive loan data analysis using expert systems technology and then leverage that analysis to make complex underwriting decisions and clear conditions leaving the underwriter to be able to focus on more difficult tasks. To date, Candor’s Loan Engineering System has conducted more than 1.8 million underwrites for banks, credit unions and mortgage lenders with zero repurchases.
“At Candor we strive to create best-in-class technology to benefit the consumer, the lender and the mortgage investor,” said Candor CEO Tom Showalter. “Receiving this patent on the technology we have spent years perfecting is tremendously rewarding, as it propels us forward in our goal to break down barriers to homeownership by bringing greater ease and efficiency to the mortgage loan process.”
People In This Post
- EXCLUSIVE: “Growing Your MGA, The Tipping Point” – James Elliott, INSTANDA in ‘The Insurtech Magazine’ Read more
- PureSoftware expands its presence in Europe with its New Delivery Centre in Bucharest, Romania Read more
- Polygon Partners With Blockchain Founders Fund to Empower Web3 Entrepreneurs Read more
- Societe Generale and Altalurra Ventures invest in impak ratings, a leading impact analysis and rating agency in Europe. Read more
- Onepoint confirms its intent to acquire Atos Digital, Big Data and Security businesses (Evidian) Read more