BNP Paribas launches new investment fund
- The new fund will be managed by BNP Paribas Capital Partners, an arm of BNP Paribas Asset Management that specialises in selection and multi-management in the alternative investments field.
- The fund will take direct minority stakes, on behalf of the various BNP Paribas’ businesses, in innovative startups that are reinventing financial services and insurance. Its objective is to support startups by operating in total alignment with entrepreneurs and investors toward success.
- It will also make indirect investments through Venture Capital funds whose priorities in technologies (such as AI, data, blockchain, cyber-security…), geographies and topics match those of the BNP Paribas’ businesses.
- A number of strategic investments has been already made over the last year, including in Serena Data Venture, Viola Fintech and Ventech China.
With the establishment of this new investment fund, BNP Paribas is stepping up its Open Innovation strategy. The fund complements a range of initiatives already launched with the intention of driving forward the Group’s policy of working closely with promising startups.
It will moreover give the entrepreneurs involved a deeper understanding of the investment process and improve its efficiency.
“At BNP Paribas, we’re firmly convinced that Open Innovation is a powerful driver for the transformation that will help to build the bank of tomorrow and enable us to continue to provide our clients with high value-added products and services,” underlined Jacques d’Estais, BNP Paribas Group Deputy COO and Head of International Financial Services, adding: “This will require us to put in place innovative, complementary mechanisms. The new fund, which will give added fire-power to our investment strategy, complements the other initiatives we’ve already set in motion, including our partnership with Plug and Play, our Station F space and our Startup Engagement Kit, which was recently highlighted on the FrenchTech label.”
- US B2B Payment Tech Firm Plastiq Has Declared Chapter 11 Bankruptcy Read more
- Pesto Takes on Pawn Lending, Announcing Launch of the First Asset-Backed Credit Card and New Funding Round Read more
- DC BLOX, Inc. Announces 2nd Subsea Cable in Horry County Read more
- Fannie Mae Reminds Homeowners, Renters, and Mortgage Servicers of Disaster Relief Options for Those Affected by Typhoon Mawar in Guam Read more
- PayrollOrg Announces Recipients of Third Annual Showcase Standout Awards Read more