Barclays Bank UK PLC appoints two new non-executive directors to its Board
Barclays Bank UK PLC has announced two new non-executive appointments, strengthening its Board.
Joining as independent non-executive directors, Tracy Corrigan has joined this week while Vanessa Bailey will commence her role in June.
Crawford Gillies, Chair of Barclays Bank UK PLC said: “These appointments further strengthen and diversify our UK Board as we oversee the sustainability and growth of the Barclays UK business model. Tracy and Vanessa bring significant insight and expertise across a broad range of industries including digital technology and risk. They will greatly assist Barclays UK’s strategic transformation and our drive to support customers with banking services in new and innovative ways through technology and digital innovation.”
Tracy Corrigan is an expert in digital transformation, customer strategy and media communications and was previously Chief Strategy Officer at Dow Jones. She has held a range of senior positions at publications including Editor in Chief of the Wall Street Journal Europe, Editor of the Financial Times’ Lex column and Editor of WSJ.com and FT.com. Tracy is currently a non-executive director of both Direct Line Insurance Group PLC and Domino’s Pizza Group PLC.
Vanessa Bailey will join the Board in June and – subject to regulatory approval – will assume the role of Barclays UK Board Risk Committee Chair from September 2022. She is a risk specialist with a career in financial services spanning over 35 years, heavily focused on transformation within the risk and banking landscape. Her most recent role was as Chief Risk Officer of NatWest Holdings, NatWest’s ring-fenced bank. Vanessa serves as a non-executive director on the boards of Wells Fargo Securities International Limited and Pleo Holding ApS and has served as a trustee for the M.E. Trust.
As a result of these changes, Barclays Bank UK PLC Board comprises:
- Crawford Gillies, Chair of Barclays Bank UK PLC
- Matt Hammerstein, Barclays UK CEO
- James Mack, Barclays UK CFO
Independent Non-Executive Directors:
- Vanessa Bailey (from June 2022)
- Tracy Corrigan
- Michael Jary
- Avid Larizadeh Duggan OBE
- Kathryn Matthews
- Chris Pilling
- Andrew Ratcliffe
Companies In This Post
- JobsOhio Announce Worldpay Locating Corporate Headquarters in Cincinnati Read more
- Marble launches a full in-app pet insurance marketplace Read more
- TOMRA Partners with Shift4 to Provide Digital ‘Tap-on-Card’ Money-Back Capabilities on Reverse Vending Machines for Reuse Read more
- HitPay Introduces Payout APIs — Supports FAST, RTGS, InstaPay, and PESONet Disbursements Read more
- New street imaging product could revolutionise insurance | FF News at ITC Vegas 2023 Read more