Avelacom Extends Ultra Low Latency Connectivity to South African Capital Markets
Avelacom, the high-performance connectivity and IT infrastructure solutions provider for the financial services industry, today announced that it has extended its connectivity offerings to South Africa, enabling trading firms to access the Johannesburg Stock Exchange (JSE) in a fast and reliable way. Global banks, HFTs and hedge funds accessing the JSE can now obtain ultra-low latency market data and order handling with microsecond timestamps.
Avelacom has launched a long-haul fibre route between London (LD4) and the JSE through its new point-of-presence (PoP) in Johannesburg. Its primary path connects London and Johannesburg along the west coast of Africa, delivering 155.8 milliseconds round-trip latency.
Avelacom also uses Africa’s east coast cables to back up almost 100G of data to and from the JSE.
“We have closed the quality gap in connectivity between London and Johannesburg, which was previously a barrier to trading volume growth. Our main focus was to create backup connections which allowed us to reach 99.9% uptime guarantee and meet the expectations of our global financial institution clients,” said Aleksey Larichev, Avelacom’s Managing Director.
Avelacom is currently exhibiting at the FIA Expo in Chicago.
- New R&D Tax Credit Could Leave Lots to Be Desired for Struggling UK SME’s Read more
- Leading Insurance Franchisor Reaches $1 Billion Milestone, Earns Industry Accolades Read more
- RISE Announces Winners of $1.5 Million Flood Insurance of the Future Challenge Read more
- Newgen Partners with Mambu to Streamline End-to-end Lending Processes Read more
- BayPort Credit Union Wins Two CUNA Diamond Awards for Creative Excellence in Marketing Read more