Applications Open for Third Annual WMNfintech, Women’s Fintech Program from BMO and 1871
BMO Financial Group and 1871 today are issuing a national call for applications for their leading fintech industry program for women-led startups, WMNfintech. Applications for the 2022 program will be accepted through April 22nd, 2022.
Developed by BMO to help bridge the gender gap in the startup community, WMNfintech was launched in 2020 and continues to provide women entrepreneurs resources, support and mentorship to accelerate their business’ growth while diversifying their professional networks through BMO and 1871’s community of expert advisors, technology partners and founders. This is the latest evolution of the BMO / 1871 Innovation Program and was co-created specifically for women-founded and women-led startups developing products or services for the U.S. financial sector.
“We’re proud to work side-by-side with our longtime partner BMO to continue to expand this storied program,” said Betsy Ziegler, CEO of 1871. “WMNfintech is an essential part of our commitment to creating a culture of belonging for women in technology. The long line of success stories that have come out of this program highlight how transformative it is when women founders are given the resources, support, and community of advocates they need to thrive.”
“The WMNfintech program has experienced continued success and our network of alumni and supporters across the venture community are eagerly awaiting this year’s cohort,” said Andrew Harrison, Head, US Digital Partnerships, BMO Financial Group. “We’ve seen first-hand how this program can help drive meaningful growth for founders while offering an incredible opportunity to diversify their network with our partners and clients. This is a powerful opportunity to support innovation and the diverse customer-centric technologies that can transform the banking experience.”
The program will provide selected startups with:
- A three-month program with guidance from industry experts at BMO, including an executive champion who will offer leadership guidance
- Four-months complimentary membership to 1871, including access to their space, resources, and roadmap of support
- Curriculum focused on enterprise sales cycles, vendor management, information security and risk and regulatory requirements
- The opportunity to pitch investors for feedback, mentoring, continued connections and/or funding
- Participants will also have access to 1871’s structured yet flexible roadmap of support known as PYROS, which includes a 12-week series of workshops, shareouts, deep dives, and one-to-one mentoring built to help founders navigate startup fundamentals and propel them forward through every business milestone, from idea stage through product-market fit.
WMNfintech is an essential part of WMNtech, 1871’s overarching affinity offerings for women founders and leaders in technology. Ranging from tailored and regular programming, mentorship, pitch competitions, and more, WMNtech serves women professionals from across the entire maturity curve and empowers them to succeed in every step of their career journey.
The program includes a pitch day designed for startups to gather feedback from and network with BMO senior executives. Participants may also have a potential future opportunity to pilot their product with BMO.
WMNfintech strongly aligns with BMO’s commitment to women through its Zero Barriers to Inclusion Strategy. Learn more about BMO’s support for women entrepreneurs and purpose to Boldly Grow the Good in business and life.
WMNfintech applications are due by April 22nd, 2022. More information and the application can be found at: https://1871.com/membership/wmnfintech
- Payment Orchestration Trailblazer Cellpoint Digital Partners With BillingPlatform Read more
- Crypto Meets Compliance: Michael Ramsbacker of Trulioo on the Future of AML & KYC Processes Read more
- Ahmed Negm Joins XS.com as Head of Market Research – MENA Read more
- mx51 Bolsters Bank-grade Security Credentials With SOC 2 Type 2 Certification Read more
- Nordea Supports Small and Medium-sized Businesses Together With the European Investment Fund Read more