Angelique Schouten appointed Chief Commercial Officer and board member with fintech scale-up Ohpen
Leading core banking SaaS solution provider Ohpen has appointed Angelique Schouten (40) as Chief Commercial Officer. Schouten was the former CEO UK of Ohpen and becomes global Board Member of the organisation, focusing on building the commercial organisation emphasising on marketing, sales and PR.
Angelique Schouten established Ohpen’s London office, building it from the ground up. She was responsible for obtaining its authorisation from regulatory and government bodies, bringing in Ohpen’s first UK clients and building the team. Women comprise 50 per cent of Ohpen UK’s workforce, an anomaly in the typically male dominated financial services and technology sectors.
“I’m very proud on what we have achieved in the UK. Two years ago, I flew to England with only a laptop and a credit card, and now we have a banking license from the local regular, a number of amazing customers and a diverse workforce consisting of 30 employees all hired based on our core values,” says Schouten.
Schouten is succeeded in the UK by the new CEO UK Lydia van de Voort (33) and COO UK Ian Hutchinson (43). Their focus will be on ensuring a smooth go-live for Ohpen’s UK customers.
Over the last eight month Ohpen raised sizable capital investments mounting up to 40 million Euros for further international expansion and company growth. Schoutens new role will include setting up the commercial organization of the company focusing on marketing, sales, PR and all the offices worldwide. The company expects to take on one hundred new employees in 2018. “Angelique is the personification of our core values,“ says Chris Zadeh, Founder and CEO of Ohpen.
- SavvyMoney Celebrates Signing of 1000th Financial Institution Amid Rapid Growth Read more
- Nene Capital Successfully Concludes First Acquisition of 2023 Read more
- P4 Healthtech Startup AERA Health Raises €4m in Pre-seed Round and Launches Read more
- Acquired.com Partners With Multipay as Its Official Hardware Provider for Card Terminals Read more
- AIB Selects Novidea’s Insurance Platform to Support Its Lloyd’s Coverholder Growth Strategy for the Caribbean Read more