An acquisition crucial for our leadership in European payments
“Thanks to the agreement with First Data, SIA Group continues on its path of international growth, confirming its leadership at European level in a sector like that of electronic payments undergoing continuous consolidation.
In particular, in Central and Southeastern Europe we will become the foremost technology provider in a market that in the coming three-year period will see a rise in payment transactions of over 11% per annum, nearly double the growth of Europe at 6%.
With this acquisition, SIA’s revenues, on a 2017 pro-forma basis, will increase by around 18% with a significant surge in income from outside Italy, which will rise from 20% to 33% of the total.
Our major business activities will also see an acceleration with a growth of 23% in payment transactions, 18% in cards managed, 107% in POS terminals and 56% in ATMs.
The acquisition will also have positive effects on the increase in payment volumes processed on our technology platforms, enabling SIA to achieve greater economies of scale and to propose itself as innovative partner at pan-European level”.
- Marsh Mclennan’s Oliver Wyman Completes Acquisition Of Innopay Read more
- What does Finovate do differently? | FF News at Finovate Europe 2024 Read more
- Falak Investments and Standard Chartered elevate female tech innovators in Saudi’s latest women In tech cohort Read more
- Clearwater Analytics Appoints Mike Chen as its New Head of Corporate Development Read more
- Allica revamps business savings to offer market-leading rates and reward business savers Read more