American Express announces return of its most generous ever welcome bonuses for new UK Business Platinum and Gold Cardmembers
From today, American Express is launching a series of limited time offers that sees the return of the most generous ever welcome bonuses on its American Express® Business Platinum and Gold Cards.
Between 21 February and 31 March, new Business Platinum Cardmembers that sign up and spend £10,000 in the first three months of their membership will receive a substantial welcome bonus of 100,000 Membership Rewards® points. New Business Gold Cardmembers are eligible for a welcome bonus of 50,000 Membership Rewards points when they sign up and spend £5,000 in the first three months.
Membership Rewards points, earned on their everyday business spending, give small business leaders flexibility to make the most of their rewards in a way that best suits them – from making a dent in monthly expenses that can help to manage cashflow, to treating their team, or taking a well-earned luxury break abroad.
When it comes to travel, Membership Rewards points can be used with 13 different airline partners (including British Airways, Emirates, Singapore Airlines and Virgin Atlantic), as well as Club Eurostar and three hotel chains (Hilton, Radisson and Marriott).
With recent American Express data1 revealing that 74% of business leaders are looking forward to travelling more in 2022, Cardmembers can use their business spending to help fund a memorable personal trip. 100,000 Membership Rewards points converted to Avios, for example, could get small business owners a return off-peak business class flight with British Airways from the UK to the likes of New York, Boston or Washington.
On top of the welcome bonus, existing Business Platinum and Gold Cardmembers can earn points with a refreshed referral offer, also running across the same period. Business Gold Cardmembers who successfully refer new Cardmembers will get an additional 20,000 Membership Rewards points, whilst Business Platinum Cardmembers will receive an additional 30,000 points. Cardmembers continue to earn 1 Membership Rewards point for every full £1 they spend on their Card – with no limit, so they can use their points to offset their business expenses or save up to redeem on a great personal treat. Terms apply.
Stacey Sterbenz, General Manager, Global Commercial Services UK at American Express, said: “We’re focused on ensuring our products go further for small business owners, after what has been a turbulent two years for them. In addition to the rewards we offer on everyday business spending, these generous welcome bonuses on our Business Platinum and Gold Cards give hardworking entrepreneurs access to a greater range of rewards – accompanied by the dedicated backing and support of American Express that enables them to reach their goals in the year ahead.”
How to spend Membership Rewards points
- Take a break and gain a fresh perspective – American Express data reveals that 61% of business owners don’t go abroad as much as they’d like. Business owners can use Membership Rewards points to book luxury getaways to help them relax and recharge
- Tech treats for home or business – Business owners can redeem their points for tech purchases from popular brands such as Apple via gift cards from Amazon or Currys PC World, or use them to pay for purchases at a wide selection of online retailers
- Taking a bite out of monthly bills – By using their points on monthly bill payments to offset business expenses, a statement credit can go towards paying for essential utilities, internet or the cost of fuel.
Companies In This Post
- Alta Signa Expands into Central and Southeastern Europe Read more
- Businesses look to lower costs – Revolut Business Customers Data Read more
- Better Surpasses $100B in Mortgages Funded for American Families Read more
- EXCLUSIVE: “A Thoroughly Modern Mobility” – Sonia Flynn, Zego in ‘The Insurtech Magazine’ Read more
- Ethos Launches Life Insurance Offering through AIP Marketing Alliance Read more