Ally Bank Introduces Touch ID® and Android™ Wear ATM Locator App
Consistent with steadily growing consumer trends in managing their personal lives digitally, Ally Bank, the direct banking subsidiary of Ally Financial Inc. (NYSE: ALLY), today announced two new features for smart devices, including Touch ID® for Ally Mobile Banking on iPhone® and an Android™ Wear ATM Locator app for smartwatches.
Additionally, Ally Bank announced it is building the capability to support popular mobile payment services such as Apple Pay®, Samsung Pay® and Android Pay™. The first of these will be Apple Pay, which is in the advanced stages of development and will be coming soon to Ally Bank customers.
“We are always looking at ways to leverage new technologies at Ally Bank to provide a richer experience for our customers,” said Diane Morais, chief executive officer and president of the Ally Bank subsidiary. “These two latest features, as well as the work underway on mobile payments services, are simply part of our ongoing drive to meet growing consumer demands for mobile-related services.”
Touch ID for Ally Mobile Banking is a fingerprint identity sensor that offers a quicker, secure login process. Ally Bank customers can set up Touch ID to log in to Ally Mobile Banking with an iPhone 5s or later, iPad Pro™, iPad Air® 2, or iPad mini™ 3 or later. Once activated, the feature will allow customers to access their account information through the mobile app without the additional need for a passcode.
The new Android Wear app allows Android watch users, whether they are Ally Bank customers or not, to get information on the five closest ATM and or cashback locations, including:
- Distance to the location
- Full address
- Location name (i.e. 7-11, Walgreens, etc.)
- Whether it is an Allpoint® ATM, regular ATM, or cash back store
- Directions to each location (directions are sent to phone, and can also be viewed on the watch)
The ATM Locator app includes terminals in the Allpoint network, which are free of charge to Ally Bank customers. The bank introduced the ATM Locator & Cash Back app for Apple Watch® last September.
About Ally Bank
Ally Bank is a direct bank in the U.S. that offers a straightforward approach to banking with no minimum deposit required to open an account, no monthly maintenance fees and 24/7 live customer service. A subsidiary of Ally Financial Inc., the Bank offers online savings, interest checking, money market accounts, certificates of deposit with terms ranging from three months to five years, and IRA Plans. Member FDIC.
- The currency of convenience: 80 per cent of 85–95-year-olds now pay with contactless Read more
- Moneyhub reveals retirement at risk – 40% of savers struggle to interact with their pension or investment provider Read more
- BBVA Spark and Capchase Sign Partnership Agreement Read more
- Cross River Launches Premier Fintech Investment Banking Franchise Read more
- PayTabs Egypt partners with Souhoola to enhance its payment solutions portfolio Read more