Airport scanning technology startup announces new CEO
Sequestim Ltd, the revolutionary new Cardiff based airport and border security scanner company is pleased to announce the appointment of Paul Simmons as its new CEO. Paul worked in the aviation industry for the last 13 years in leadership positions with UK and international airlines, including easyJet, Flybe and Malaysia Airlines. He previously worked in the hospitality and FMCG sectors for companies including InterContinental Hotels, Oberoi Hotels, Kelloggs, Helene Curtis/Unilever and P&G.
“I am delighted to be joining Sequestim at such a pivotal period in the company’s development,” said Simmons. “The business has demonstrated the ability to deliver genuine breakthrough technology in airport passenger screening and border security. Their application of world leading science enables passengers to walk through airport security without taking off outer garments, and for trucks to be scanned at borders without stopping. This is a unique and powerful capability”.
Chairman Rob Spurrett commented; “we are very pleased to welcome Paul to the Sequestim team. Our scientists and engineers have developed a product that we expect to underpin the next generation of security scanning technology. Having demonstrated the power of the technology at Cardiff Airport last December, it is now time to commercialise the opportunity and to grow the company. Paul is the right person to lead this process and these are exciting times”.
- EXCLUSVE: “Playingtowin” – Alana Condratov, Freemarket in ‘The Fintech Magazine’ Read more
- Thredd appoints Global CTO to support further growth plans Read more
- Acquired.com is chosen by Unitas Wholesale as the supplier of choice for Open Banking payments Read more
- Wolters Kluwer launches CCH iFirm® tax and accounting cloud platform in the U.K. Read more
- TrueNorth and Brim Partner to Deliver Next Generation Credit Card-as-a-Service Platform to Banks, Fintechs and Major Brands in North America Read more