ACI Worldwide Drives Payments Transformation for South Africa’s Altech Card Solutions
ACI Worldwide, a leading global provider of real-time electronic payment and banking solutions, today announced that Altech Card Solutions (ACS), a division of Altron, one of South Africa’s leading technology companies, is utilizing ACI’s UP Retail Payments to better serve its large multi-national retail customers in South Africa and across the African continent.
UP Retail Payments is a sophisticated enterprise payment solution for acquiring and authorizing transactions across all digital payment channels. It is based on the Universal Payments (UP) Framework and built on open service-oriented architecture for robust payments orchestration. By utilizing UP Retail Payments, ACS, a long-term ACI customer, will enable its retail customers to bring to market a wide variety of alternative payment schemes, including QR-based schemes and mobile-based POS devices to meet the growing market and customer demand for alternative payment methods.
“When it comes to payments, consumer expectations and behaviors are changing rapidly, especially against the backdrop of the global Covid-19 pandemic. Consumers want more touchless capabilities and other new digital payment options,” said Charl Janse van Rensburg, general manager, ACS. “ACI’s UP Retail Payments is critical in helping our retail clients to integrate and to offer any new payment method with the quickest time to market, as well as the ability to leverage rich data and analytics.”
“The pandemic is accelerating the demand for and the global adoption of new alternative and digital payments methods,” said Dan van der Westhuizen, director, Africa, ACI Worldwide. “ACI’s UP Retail Payments solution is at the center of innovation for many of our largest merchant customers globally. It enables them to capture more market share and address the needs of their customers, especially the underbanked population.”
ACI’s UP Retail Payments delivers 24×7 secure payment capabilities and is currently used by 8 of the world’s top 10 banks.
- Visa and Oxfam America to Explore Expanding Anticipatory Action Program to Bring Pre-Disaster Financial Support to the Philippines, Kenya, Colombia, and Puerto Rico Read more
- Global Centre launched to accelerate climate finance Read more
- A Third or More Young Investors Acted on Misleading Online Financial Advice Read more
- ICMA announces collaboration with IsDB and LSEG for developing guidance for practitioners on Green Sukuk Read more
- Crypto.com Receives Authorisation as an Electronic Money Institution from the United Kingdom’s Financial Conduct Authority Read more