Peter De Caluwe – Thunes – Paris Fintech Forum
At the Paris Fintech Forum, we caught up with Peter De Caluwe, CEO at Thunes, to discover the organisation’s core functions and operations.
Thunes is a B2B global payments network facilitating frictionless cross-border transactions, offering secure, efficient, and cost-effective solutions for businesses and individuals to send and receive funds worldwide, bridging diverse payment systems and ensuring seamless financial connectivity.
“Today the company is mainly focused as a big correspondent bank … We tell you upfront how much it costs, we do the money movement instantly and we also confirm when the money has arrived at the destination.”
“The biggest cost globally, we predict, is coming from compliance. All the banks are employing massive amounts of people in the compliance departments. Meaning that automating this, applying machine learning to it, which is something that we have done … We drastically reduced the compliance cost by 60-70%.”
Companies In This Post
- Intuit Introduces QuickBooks Solopreneur, an Easy-to-Use Financial Tool Built for One-Person Businesses Read more
- Western Union and Mercado Pago Alliance Extends to the US and Canada Read more
- Matt Bonakdarpour Elevated to President and Chief Technology Officer at Root Read more
- Wefox appoints Dominik Ulrich as Chief Risk Officer Read more
- CLARA Analytics Secures Funding From Nationwide Read more