Bitstamp’s Shadman Salem on Whether the Traditional Institutions Still Need Education in Crypto
FF New’s Douglas Mackenzie chats to Shadman Salem, Head of Strategic Partnerships for Bitstamp, the Luxembourg-based cryptocurrency exchange that allows trading between fiat currency, bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies.
In the UK, most financial institutions believe cryptocurrency adoption will reach mainstream within a decade, but do traditional institutions still need education in crypto?
‘The biggest challenge is getting the longtail of institutions to start to engage with crypto, to understand it better, so they can decide for themselves what avenue of crypto they want to explore’.
‘But also for those institutions that get crypto at the surface level, I think there’s definitely more education required…’
People In This Post
Companies In This Post
- Klarpay AG Enhances Global Payment Solutions with Local ACH Payments in 40+ Currencies Read more
- iProov Achieves UK Government Digital Identity and Attributes Trust Framework Certification Read more
- New Independent Research Study Reveals Majority of Global Financial Institutions Are Unable to Respond Effectively to Fraud and Financial Crime Read more
- Digital banking fintech Meniga appoints Dheeraj (Raj) Soni as CEO Read more
- FintechOS leads fintech enablement with 70% YOY revenue growth, North America launch with five banks, and 300% insurance revenue growth Read more