News From The FinTech Front – Episode 135
Matteo Rizzi invited previous #NFF host himself Ali Paterson, and got Darren Franks to connect from Cape Town to help us with a more global perspective. Klarna’s new deal valuing brought up some questions on the company’s apparent valuation decline, the general valuations fall trend and the future of BNPL; with Money2020 Europe came an incredibly immersive experience for its audience, and also for SWIFT?
For the first time, the company made a presence at the event, proving the value of collaboration across the sector, and increasing the expectations for SIBOS 2022 this year in Amsterdam for the first time. And of course, #buythedip – with the non-stop fall of cryptocurrencies and even GAFAMs, is it possible to achieve healthy returns? What about the booming rise of African-based fintechs – such as Ghanian Fido with a new 30M$ round? Africa is non-stop breaking investment records. Is this trend to continue, and how is it possible to scale it up?
Listen to the full episode here
- Bitwise Launches BITC, a New Type of Bitcoin-Linked ETF Designed for Long-Term Investors Read more
- Buyers Are in the Game, but Interest Rates Are Keeping Sellers on the Bench Read more
- Conte.it Prestiti Partners With Tink to Improve Its Lending Process With Instant Income Verification Read more
- Finance Expert David French Joins Allied Payment Network as SVP of Finance Read more
- Joyn Insurance Adds Former AIG Executive Chairman and CEO Brian Duperreault to Board of Directors Read more