Chief Technology Officer
About Jeffrey Severijn
I am a senior technology executive with over 15 years of experience in the financial services industry, and Internet. Over the years my career focus has shifted from product and business management roles towards information technology.
I strongly believe in the power of teams and the Agile way of working. With Agile we can make our companies respond quickly to changing customer needs and market dynamics.
Working with a very good team, we successfully transformed the ICT organisation of Binck from a typical ‘waterfall’ organisation, into an ‘Agile’ organisation that is able to deliver. Furthermore we have introduced a fully automated continuous delivery pipeline and DevOps. In my current role I have rolled out this way of working within the ICT organisation.
The principles I believe in and have successfully used are:
• re-engineer, re-purpose and revitalize an organisation driven by line management instead of a separate ‘Agile transformation’ program;
• quality is more defined by skills and knowledge of people, rather than process adherence;
• improve through continuously improvement rather than by huge programs;
• take responsibility for delivery even if not all ideal conditions have been met;
• use organisational structure and a creative way of working to engage people and transform them into a high performing workforce.
My strongest competencies are creating high performing teams, driving change in organisations and motivating people to adopt that change. My leadership style is a combination of strong people and content leadership focus.