The Insurtech Magazine #09
The Insurtech Magazine Issue #09 is finally here! This edition is filled with fantastic insights from experts in the insurtech industry, as they gauge the industry’s landscape for the year ahead in 2023! From AI to Unicorns, you won’t want to miss out on some of the most engaging conversations in the insutrech space, all here in this issue of The Insurtech Magazine.
Message from the editor:
“Those of a certain age might remember UK Insurer ‘Commercial Union’s’ TV Campaign, which promised ‘never to turn a crisis into a drama’
Well, the crises have certainly been multiplying over the intervening 40 years, so much so that Collins Dictionary made ‘permacrisis’ – an extended period of instability and insecurity – its word of 2022. And, if there’s one thing our guest forecasters agreed upon in this issue, it is that this isn’t going to change any time soon.
If permanent, global disruption is the ‘new normal’, then the implications for insurance are really quite severe. The evidence is already being seen in the reinsurance market, as Ben Rose, co-founder and president of Supercede articulates on page 14. He makes the case for cedents with quality data being able to protect themselves from the worst of reinsurance pricing cycles.
As our teaser quote on the spine of this issue says: “The most valuable commodity I know of is information.” And there isn’t one technology showcased in this edition that isn’t fundamentally based on that truth: it all requires data. To leverage it, more partnerships are evolving in the insurance supply chain, prompting many startups to shift from B2C to B2B models.
Good examples of partnerships at work can be found among the startups and established institutions clustered in Ohio (see page 14). As Angie Klett from Nationwide in Columbus says: “We think we can make the experience and futures of our customers and businesses better when we work together.”
Co-operation tends to take the drama out of any number of crises.” – Sue Scott, Editor, The Insurtech Magazine
This publication features:
- Alex Martin, CEO of Clearspeed
- Merlin Beyts, Head of Content for ITC DIA Europe
- Robert Lumley, Co-Founder of Insurtech Gateway
- Sabine Vanderlinden, Co-Founder and CEO at Alchemy Crew
- Matthew Grant, Partner at Instech
- Ron Rock, Sr. Director of Insurance/Insurtech at JobsOhio
- Phil McGriskin, Co-Founder and CEO of Vitesse
- Dan Woods, Founder and CEO of Socotra
- Ben Rose, Co-Founder and President of Supercede
- Tara Shelton, Head of Desktop Solutions at The Cotswold Group
… and many more!
Discover all of these engaging stories, in The Insurtech Magazine #09
People In This Post
Companies In This Post
- BondExchange Launches First Embedded Surety Application Read more
- Invstr Named Best Social Trading Platform of 2023 by FinTech Breakthrough Awards Read more
- Ally Names Russell Hutchinson as Chief Financial Officer Read more
- Interactive Brokers Expected to Raise Interest Rates to USD 4.33% on Instantly Available Cash Read more
- Bit Digital, Inc. Announces Strategic Investment in Auros Global Limited Read more