Nordea Supports Small and Medium-sized Businesses Together With the European Investment Fund
Together with the European Investment Fund, Nordea is introducing a new range of guaranteed loans for small and medium-sized enterprises to accelerate innovation and the transition to a green and sustainable economy.
The European Investment Fund (EIF) guarantees loans up to EUR 115 million in partnership with the InvestEU programme. The guarantees enable Nordea to support customers by providing them access to funding on more beneficial terms.
“To date we have provided loans backed by EIF guarantees amounting to approximately EUR 1.4 billion, supporting our customers and the economy as they recover from the impact of COVID-19. The loan guarantees are highly appreciated, and the new EIF guarantees will provide additional opportunities for our customers to drive innovation and growth in the Nordic societies,” says Nina Arkilahti, Head of Nordea Business Banking.
In the first phase, the guarantees will be available to small and medium-sized enterprises in Finland and Sweden:
- The Innovation and Digitalisation Guarantee aims to enhance access to financing for research and innovation intensive companies and support the uptake of digital technologies and the digital transformation of enterprises. The Innovation and Digitalisation Guarantee is available now.
- The Sustainability Guarantee aims to further support the transition to a green and sustainable economy by promoting environment-friendly, green and inclusive investments, such as decarbonisation, renewable energy and energy efficiency. The Sustainability Guarantee will be available soon.
EIF Chief Executive Marjut Falkstedt remarked, “We are delighted to sign this new InvestEU guarantee agreement with Nordea. It will provide further EU support to small and medium-sized businesses in Finland and Sweden, letting them benefit from favourable terms and promoting a faster transition to a digital and greener economy.”
Nordea is a key partner for the EIB Group in the Nordics. Under the previous guarantee agreement signed in 2021, the EIB Group offered a guarantee on a portfolio of up to EUR 1.8 billion, freeing up capital for Nordea to issue new loans for sustainable investments in Sweden and Finland.
People In This Post
Companies In This Post
- Tenity (Previously F10) Announces Initial Closing of Its Early-stage Fintech Fund Read more
- Cashflows Launches AI-powered Fast Onboarding to Streamline Merchant Onboarding Read more
- Yasmeen Jaffer – JJCFinTech – Finovate Europe 2023 Read more
- Will Ellis – Lenvi – Finovate Europe 2023 Read more
- Billtrust Surpasses $100 Billion in Payments Volume in 2022 Amid Strong Growth Read more