Saudi Central Bank Licenses A New Payment Financial Technology Company
The Saudi Central Bank (SAMA) announces the licensing of a new payment financial technology company, namely: Smart Digital Payment company (Tiqmo) to provide E-wallet services. This brings the total number of payment companies licensed by SAMA to 22 companies, in addition to 5 companies were granted an In-principle Approval.
This comes as part of SAMA’s role to promote the development of the financial technology sector to ensure ultimate stability and growth of the sector. This step aims to contribute to the sector growth while complying with SAMA’s regulatory requirements in line with SAMA’s mandate to enhance overall financial stability and support greater opportunities of the Kingdom’s Vision 2030.
In this regard, SAMA reiterates its commitment to support and facilitate the development of Fintech sector, encourage innovation and increase efficiency in financial transactions in a bid to boost financial inclusion in the Kingdom. This also support the objectives of the FinTech strategy by making the Kingdom one of the world’s leading countries in the field, and it will contribute to the economic empowerment of the Saudi society and its citizens by promoting further innovations in technology-based financial services.
Meanwhile, SAMA emphasizes the importance of dealing with licensed or authorized financial institutions.
Companies In This Post
- Visa and Oxfam America to Explore Expanding Anticipatory Action Program to Bring Pre-Disaster Financial Support to the Philippines, Kenya, Colombia, and Puerto Rico Read more
- Global Centre launched to accelerate climate finance Read more
- A Third or More Young Investors Acted on Misleading Online Financial Advice Read more
- ICMA announces collaboration with IsDB and LSEG for developing guidance for practitioners on Green Sukuk Read more
- Crypto.com Receives Authorisation as an Electronic Money Institution from the United Kingdom’s Financial Conduct Authority Read more