MANGOPAY reports €11.3 billion transaction value in 2022
MANGOPAY, the platform-specific payment infrastructure provider, today announces figures showing another strong year with more than 35% of growth. Key 2022 figures include:
- Total 2022 transaction value totalling over €11.3 billion
- 243 new customers onboarded this year, nearly 1 customer per working day
- 100 new hires across the business including four C-suite appointments and plans to hire 250 people in 2023
In April, MANGOPAY announced that Advent International was now the majority shareholder of the company. This was a major milestone supporting MANGOPAY’s ambition to become the leading global payment infrastructure for platforms and marketplaces. As part of this investment, Advent brought 75 million euros of primary capital to drive MANGOPAY’s growth.
In November, MANGOPAY announced the acquisition of AI fraud detection and prevention company Nethone to develop and offer anti-fraud solutions specifically designed for marketplaces, opening a new era for platform about fraud detection and prevention. This partnership empowers platforms to stay ahead of current and future fraud and abuse risks by securing every step of the end-user journey.
MANGOPAY has also made a series of hires to bolster the C-suite executive team, including:
- Luke Trayfoot, Chief Revenue Officer – Luke joined the company in May from Paypal (Hyperwallet) and plays a critical role in helping accelerate international expansion as well as improve revenue streams for the next phase of growth.
- Olympe Leflambe, General Counsel, Legal & Compliance – Olympe brings a wealth of experience to provide strategic advice to the senior leadership team, strengthen our commitment to regulatory compliance and engage with global policymakers and regulators.
- Ronen Benchetrit, Chief Technology Officer – Joining from Bumble, Ronen is focused on strengthening the tech to accelerate product innovation and scalability.
- Carlos Sanchez-Arruti, Chief Financial Officer – Carlos joins the team from Amazon and will play a key role in maintaining the company’s sustainable growth.
Romain Mazeries, CEO reflects on 2022: “This has been a transformational year for the company. Our strong growth is proof that our strategy and product excellence is resonating with platforms and marketplace needs. A strategy that Advent International has embraced and accelerated to become a global leader in the payment industry. Under Advent’s ownership, we have boosted our C-suite expertise and made our first acquisition, which has put us on a path for great success. As we look forward to 2023, I’m most excited about our overall ability to empower platforms to build and scale the payment system that they need with the technology expertly curated to beat the ever-changing marketplace landscape.
Companies In This Post
- Spline Data Announces Launch of Its First Quantitative Municipal Bond Curve Pricing Solutions Read more
- Global Fintech Leader Ascenda Announces Axis Bank Partnership Read more
- 21Shares and CoinGecko Release The Global Crypto Classification Standard Report Read more
- Tempo France and Nairagram Unite for African Remittances: A Game Changer Read more
- Broadridge Named Leading Provider of Managed Services Capabilities by Chartis Read more