G+D’s Convego® Connect APIs Chosen by Marqeta to Provide Card Personalization Services
Giesecke+Devrient has been chosen by US-based global modern card issuing platform Marqeta as a new partner for card issuance services. The entire range of issuance services will be supported using G+D’s Convego® Connect APIs (Application Programming Interface) platform.
G+D’s Convego® Connect APIs will provide card personalisation services offering for Marqeta. G+D will handle each step of the card issuance process for some of Marqeta’s customers worldwide via a range of APIs: from handling the card holder’s payment card application to card production and personalization up to the delivery of the cards.
Marqeta enables fintechs, neobanks and other card issuers with modern card issuance solutions globally. The API platform of G+D fits their approach, bringing benefits such as significant reduction in time and effort required for setting up and managing a new card, resulting in faster delivery, activation and usage of the card. Moreover, unlike many traditional card issuance systems, G+D’s API platform is highly scalable, suited to handle thousands of real-time requests without additional efforts or issues towards latency.
“G+D’s API platform offers a one-stop-shop solution, helping Marqeta to continue to provide our customers fast and flexible card issuance services,” explains Rich Woll, Senior Director of Card Fulfillment at Marqeta. “Additionally, the proven global reach of G+D’s card issuance suite was also a key factor, consistent with our growth strategy.”
Gabrielle Bugat, Member of the Group Executive Committee of G+D, heading the Smart Card & Digital Payment business of G+D, adds: “Payment innovators like Marqeta show us new ways of doing business. Open platforms such as our Convego® Connect APIs are central to these developments – together, we are ready for the future.”
- Lumos Technologies Releases Lumos Prime+ Score for Small Business Loans Exclusively Through Lenders Cooperative Read more
- FIN-FSA withdraws Nada express osk’s registration under the Act on Payment Institutions to provide payment service without authorisation Read more
- Trustly closes acquisition of Ecospend – becoming the leading Open Banking payments company in the UK Read more
- Ripple Names Monica Long As President Read more
- OneSpan to Acquire Blockchain Technology Provider ProvenDB to Bring Secure Vaulting to the Future of Digital Transactions Read more