Novo launches Novo Funding w/$125M facility
Novo, the powerfully simple® financial platform for small businesses, today announced the launch of Novo Funding, offering small businesses a fast and flexible way to access working capital. The company has also secured a $125 million facility from Victory Park Capital (“VPC”), which will be used to provide working capital through Novo Funding.
“When a small business owner wants to invest in their business growth or simply needs additional funding to cover an upcoming payroll cycle, they have incredibly limited options for accessing capital,” said Michael Rangel, founder and CEO of Novo. “Some use credit cards with exorbitant interest rates, while others attempt to go through a weeks- or months-long application process with a traditional lender and are not able to access the capital until long after they need it. Novo Funding is built to support small business owners’ short-term financial needs and long-term ambitions with a seamless working capital experience.”
Novo Funding offers small businesses a range of benefits, including:
- Streamlined application process: The Novo Funding application can be completed in under 10 minutes, and Novo will complete its review within 24 hours of receiving the application.
- Instant access to funds: Once approved, the small business will have instant access to up to $75,000 of working capital via their Novo account.
- Autonomy over fund deployment: Small businesses that receive funding have full discretion over how to use the working capital, from purchasing new equipment to investing in marketing.
- Only pay for the funds accessed: Small businesses can draw any amount of funds from their limit, and repayments replenish their available funding.
- Straightforward repayment: Novo provides a clear transfer schedule outlining each repayment, with standard repayment of six months per draw.
- “After completing a pilot of Novo Funding in which thousands of small business owners accessed more than $35 million, we heard time and again how Novo Funding was by far the best option for accessing capital,” said Kevin Phillips, EVP of Credit at Novo. “There’s simply no other small business working capital product on the market that combines the speed and simplicity of Novo Funding.”
“Small businesses represent a significant segment of the U.S. economy, and Novo has created a user-friendly product to alleviate a frequent pain point for them,” said Jason Brown, Partner at VPC. “Michael and the Novo team have thoughtfully expanded their offerings to meet the financial needs of small business owners, and we are pleased to be partnering with them to support the new Novo Funding product.”
Novo Funding is the latest in a series of offerings the company has recently introduced to help small business owners improve their cash flow. This year, Novo has launched a new small business debit card with a range of capabilities for transaction monitoring, completed a Gusto integration for embedded payroll visibility, and announced enhancements to Novo Invoices to help small business owners receive payments faster. Novo was also recently recognized on the 2023 Forbes Fintech 50, an annual list of the most innovative private fintech companies.
- Juniper Research: Digital Identity Verification Checks to Pass the 70 Billion Mark in 2024, as Businesses Prioritise Fraud Prevention Read more
- Pie Insurance Appoints Audra Foglietta as Chief Financial Officer Read more
- Triterras Announces the Appointment of Vinay Kapoor to Executive Vice President Read more
- Exchange Bank Taps Pidgin to Provide Real-Time Payment Options for Customers Read more
- Kroll Launches Detection and Response Maturity Model and Finds 91% of Businesses Overestimate Their Cyber Maturity, Increasing Their Vulnerability to Cyberattacks Read more