Australian Banking Association launches campaign telling Australians “Don’t tough it out on your own”
Today the Australian Banking Association has launched a campaign encouraging Australians struggling with loan repayments to contact their bank, titled ‘Don’t tough it out on your own.’
“Banks know many of their customers are making difficult financial decisions right now as the country navigates challenging economic conditions,” said ABA CEO Anna Bligh. “Banks stood by their customers during the COVID-19 pandemic deferring payments for people who for the first time in their lives found themselves unable to pay. Banks stand ready to help people again now.”
“The earlier people reach out, the faster banks can help. Don’t tough it out on your own.”
The Australian Banking Association ads will feature on radio, in digital news and on social media for four weeks starting today.
Ms Bligh said banks may be able to help by:
- lowering home loan or credit card payments
- restructuring the length of a loan
- moving a customer to interest-only payments for a while
- deferring payments for a period.
“People who are finding their finances are stretched should not feel they have no options and they have to do it on their own. Banks have dedicated, highly experienced teams ready to help. Please get in touch. Don’t delay.” said Ms Bligh.
Ms Bligh said there were reassuring signs that many customers were navigating the unpredictable economic climate well, but noted it is important to look out for the warning signs of financial stress.
“Thankfully, recent data shows that most customers are keeping up with their repayments, and that arrears are well within historical ranges. But for those worried about falling behind or finding it difficult to navigate the current conditions, banks have options to assist in the short or long term. The spiral into financial hardship can happen very quickly but early assistance can make a real difference. Please talk to your bank.”
Companies In This Post
- US blockchain company, Constellation Network, Welcomes Leading Experts from Top Enterprises and U.S. Government Agencies to their Enterprise Advisory Board. Read more
- JustPaid, AI-powered Finance Startup, To Launch Game-Changing GPT App In OpenAI’S GPT Store Read more
- Eltropy Collaborates with Jack Henry’s Banno Digital Banking Platform Read more
- Ledger partners with bolt to launch device protection for its industry-leading secure devices Read more
- Nigeria: African Development Bank and FSDH Merchant Bank sign $20 million Trade Finance Agreement to support Small and Midsize Enterprises (SMEs) and Corporates Read more