Ep. 274. Insights: Open Banking – a never ending story?
In this week’s insights show we’re bringing you a deep discussion on what’s happening in the Open Banking space. Our roundtable talks about the challenges involved in implementing the rules and regulations around Open Banking and takes a look at the thorny problem of getting customers to buy-in to Open Banking. We have some of the best guests around to help:
- Adam Davis, Head of Delivery at 11:FS
- Dan Globerson, Head of Open Banking at RBS
- Faith Reynolds, Independent Consumer Representative for Open Banking
- Sam Seaton, CEO at Moneyhub
- Francesco Simoneski, CEO at Truelayer
We kick off the discussion by taking a look at just how hard it’s been to implement the rules and regulations, the internal changes that compliance has caused and the costs involved. Then we move on to the toughest parts of the regulations and what about them is preventing positive user journeys and take a close look at how the payment journey, which is meant to be live now, has been affected.
We also talk about going beyond mandatory requirements, how open banking is about more than compliance and why customers haven’t taken notice of Open Banking yet. In fact 72% of adults haven’t even heard of it.
To finish off the panel takes a look at what’s being done outside of Europe, how and if Brexit will have any impact on the quality of products and services being offered by Open Banking and what we’ll see happen in the near future.
This week’s episode was produced by Laura Watkins and edited by Alex Woodhouse
Please note, we do not produce Fintech Insider, we merely are fans and repost it!
- The currency of convenience: 80 per cent of 85–95-year-olds now pay with contactless Read more
- Moneyhub reveals retirement at risk – 40% of savers struggle to interact with their pension or investment provider Read more
- BBVA Spark and Capchase Sign Partnership Agreement Read more
- Cross River Launches Premier Fintech Investment Banking Franchise Read more
- PayTabs Egypt partners with Souhoola to enhance its payment solutions portfolio Read more