ECOMMPAY celebrates 10 year anniversary & reaches 2 million daily transactions
International payment service provider and direct bank card acquirer, ECOMMPAY is celebrating its 10 year anniversary. The fintech company has grown exponentially from less than one million transactions per year in 2012 to two million transactions.
ECOMMPAY is a self-funded business, which built its payment infrastructure in-house. The company has shifted from offering general payment solutions to customised packages specially dedicated to each business’ industry. Today ECOMMPAY offers an entire fintech ecosystem, and its mission is to ensure all payments and payouts can be made in only one click. This ecosystem includes online acquiring, top local payment methods, B2B bank, card issuing, consulting, and much more.
Launched in 2012 in London, ECOMMPAY rapidly became the partner of choice for merchants looking to increase conversion, manage risk, and scale quickly into new markets.
- In 2014, ECOMMPAY received its Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) licence in the UK and in 2015, the company became a Visa and Mastercard Principal member.
- In 2016, ECOMMPAY received a licence from the Central Bank of Cyprus which enabled the company to continue to operate in Europe post-Brexit under ECOMMBX, part of the ECOMMPAY fintech ecosystem, and builds additional payment services for its merchants.
- ECOMMPAY was the first acquirer in Europe to implement Mastercard Dashboard in 2016 when it launched direct acquiring in Europe that year.
- In 2019, ECOMMPAY established its new payment gateway GATE2025 and founded its first fintech conference, ECOMMTALKS, the following year which now offers 50+ free education videos online to C-level management, from C-level experts.
Throughout the pandemic, ECOMMPAY continued to grow its clients’ portfolio and supported its existing merchants throughout turbulent times. The business also reached a number of important milestones.
- In 2020, it became the first Payment Service Provider to be integrated with PayPal’s Commerce Platform, launched its Open Banking payment systems for the UK and Europe market, now covering 2,000+ major banks, and was also one of the first payment providers that integrated with Telegram to offer in-app payments.
ECOMMPAYs clients now span industries from online retail, to e-learning, video gaming and many more. ECOMMPAY has strengthened its positions in Cyprus, by opening a new office in Limassol and gained new trusted partners such as Token, Nium, and Sofort. ECOMMPAY currently offers the top local payment method in the UK, Europe and Asia, and is constantly expanding its payment portfolio, offering payment scenario localisation.
Paul Marcantonio, Executive Director UK & Western Europe at ECOMMPAY, commented: “Ten years in the fintech industry is not only an impressive achievement but has been massively rewarding as well. Our ecosystem started with just three people and has grown into a well-established international company with more than 700 professional and enthusiastic team players.
It’s those people that are the most important part of ECOMMPAY’s growth. Much of the company’s C-suite have been with the business from the beginning, and the majority of those in management roles have been with the company for more than five years. They share their impressive experience with new joiners, which, together with their new ideas, helps to grow the online business of our clients.
As a company we support diversity, with an almost equal split of males and females in leading positions. I’m proud to be a part of a business that offers equal opportunities and has a culture that drives people to achieve their goals.
This past decade has brought me a lot of pride as I witnessed how rapidly the industry has developed but also seeing the company become a leader that continues to innovate by implementing new products and services. From the onset, our main goal was to be our clients’ rational partner who helps their businesses achieve targets. Every step we take is data-driven, this approach has guided us on our amazing journey so far and will continue to play a key part as we head into an exciting future.”
ECOMMPAY’s future plans includes further expansion in the EU and UK, extending its payment methods portfolio according to the changing payment behaviours of end-users and the business goals of its merchants, while strengthening the company’s positions in industries where payment solutions are in place – such as travel and hospitality, mobility & transportation, retail, and e-learning.
Companies In This Post
- US blockchain company, Constellation Network, Welcomes Leading Experts from Top Enterprises and U.S. Government Agencies to their Enterprise Advisory Board. Read more
- JustPaid, AI-powered Finance Startup, To Launch Game-Changing GPT App In OpenAI’S GPT Store Read more
- Eltropy Collaborates with Jack Henry’s Banno Digital Banking Platform Read more
- Ledger partners with bolt to launch device protection for its industry-leading secure devices Read more
- Nigeria: African Development Bank and FSDH Merchant Bank sign $20 million Trade Finance Agreement to support Small and Midsize Enterprises (SMEs) and Corporates Read more