Curve and Samsung launch the Samsung Pay Card today
Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd has today announced that the new Samsung Pay Card, powered by Curve, and in conjunction with global payments technology company Mastercard, will be available from August 18th. With ONE simple to use digital-first card, Samsung Pay Card gives users complete control over their spending, without the fuss of having to change banks.
This isn’t another bank card. From debit cards to credit cards, the all-new Samsung Pay Card collates everything in one place, offering Samsung Pay users greater coverage than ever before. By utilising Curve’s unique technology, alongside Mastercard’s worldwide acceptance footprint, Samsung Pay users enjoy a better banking experience through their Samsung smartphone and smartwatch, whilst gaining the rewards they want along the way.
- ONE digital-first card: Samsung Pay Card deploys Curve technology to bring together all Mastercard and Visa banking cards in one place, modernising the banking experience without the fuss of changing banks.
- It’s not too late: With the unique ‘Go Back in Time’ functionality, customers can move transactions from one card to another after they’ve been made, giving customers more flexibility and control of their spending.
- Get paid to spend and experience exclusive rewards: Customers can claim instant 1% cashback on top of their existing rewards from a choice of a wide range of brands6. As an added bonus, and exclusive to the Samsung Pay Card, customers can also earn 5% on all purchases at Samsung.com.
- Save on fees when spending abroad: Samsung Pay Card allows all customers access to the mid- market rate throughout the week, cheaper than the currency conversion fees offered by many high street banks.
- Vault-like security: Samsung Knox enables customers to enjoy their mobile experience with confidence. With proactive, always-on protection straight out of the box, Samsung’s multi-layered defence-grade security offers protection to customers’ finances. In the event of a smartphone loss, access to Samsung Pay Card can be instantly locked remotely using another device from the Samsung ecosystem, without having to contact banks directly – and ‘Find My Mobile’ helps you find it.
- See the full picture : For a crystal-clear understanding of payments, customers can see transactions across different cards via the Timeline View in the Curve app, or recent transactions in Samsung Pay, with real-time notifications.
- Samsung Pay, refreshed: Utilising Curve’s unique platform, the Samsung Pay Card covers all major credit and debit cards from Mastercard and Visa in the UK, meaning almost everyone can now use Samsung Pay. Combined with the usage of AMEX and loyalty cards already available via Samsung Pay, this gives customers the ultimate one-stop-shop (or app), meaning they don’t have to compromise on any of their loyalty, reward or banking needs.
“Now, more than ever, people need a secure payment solution they can rely on. We’re excited to be able to put the control back into our customers’ hands, by launching Samsung Pay Card,” said Conor Pierce, Corporate Vice-President of Samsung UK & Ireland.
“At Samsung we believe in the power of innovation and, through our partnership with Curve, the Samsung Pay Card brings a series of pioneering features that will change the way that our customers manage their spending, with their Samsung smartphone and smartwatch at the heart of it. This is the future of banking and we look forward to continuing this journey with our customers.”
Shachar Bialick, CEO and Founder of Curve said: “The Samsung Pay Card, powered by Curve, changes the game for customers in the UK. By bringing Curve’s unique technology to Samsung devices it empowers millions of Samsung customers to take control of their money, access more choice, and enjoy a banking experience like never before, across all their accounts, without the need to switch banks or limit themselves to only one bank, all from the palm of their hand.”
He added: “Curve is already making big waves in the fintech industry and we are delighted to partner with such an innovative company and bring our powerful digital banking platform to millions of Samsung customers, improving their financial experience.”
Kelly Devine, President, Mastercard UK & Ireland said “We are thrilled to build on our existing relationships with Samsung and Curve to partner to bring this innovative digital-first solution to market,
- BNY Mellon Announces Expanded Mental Health Benefits and Increased Minimum Wage for U.S. Employees Read more
- Users link over $500M in self-directed assets on Magnifi, the AI-powered financial co-pilot for individual investors Read more
- What happened at the FF Awards 2023?! Read more
- Adyen Enters into a Long-Term Payments Partnership with S Group Across 1,900+ Locations in Finland and Estonia Read more
- Wahed launches in the UAE becoming the country’s first dedicated Islamic digital investment platform Read more