UBS goes live on Broadridge’s New Distributed Ledger Sponsored Repo Solution
Global Fintech leader Broadridge Financial Solutions, Inc. (NYSE:BR), today announced that UBS successfully went live on Broadridge’s newly launched sponsored repo solution built on the DLT enabled Distributed Ledger Repo (DLR) platform. This sponsored repo solution marks the launch of the next phase in the rollout of Broadridge’s DLR platform. Continuing to build on the initial success of the platform and leveraging the growing expansion of the network across the global repo community, this is a major step forward to providing clients with significant settlement cost savings, process simplification, scalability, and reduction of operational risks via distributed ledger technology and smart contracts.
“By digitizing our existing sponsored repo trade flow and incorporating those trade flows into our DLR tech stack on Broadridge’s platform, we can increase efficiencies while reducing the risk of fails and lowering our settlement costs,” said Christian Rasmussen, Head of Investment and Execution, Group Treasury UBS. “We are always looking for innovative ways to reduce operational risks and believe this platform will help us accomplish our goals.”
“We are thrilled to announce the go live of BR’s new sponsored repo solution, which leverages distributed ledger technology to help clients gain operational efficiencies and drive settlement cost reduction. This is the latest milestone in executing on our vision of transforming global repo market infrastructure and further demonstrating the power and value creation of DLR,” said Horacio Barakat, Head of Digital Innovation at Broadridge. “We are empowering leading financial institutions with the ability to dramatically lower risk and operating costs and see enhanced liquidity.”
The global expansion of the DLR platform across both sell-side and buy-side firms enables a network effect of increased benefits and additional transaction types. Broadridge is a leader in bringing the benefits of distributed ledger capabilities to transform the global repo market, capturing $1 trillion dollars in monthly volume.
- US blockchain company, Constellation Network, Welcomes Leading Experts from Top Enterprises and U.S. Government Agencies to their Enterprise Advisory Board. Read more
- JustPaid, AI-powered Finance Startup, To Launch Game-Changing GPT App In OpenAI’S GPT Store Read more
- Eltropy Collaborates with Jack Henry’s Banno Digital Banking Platform Read more
- Ledger partners with bolt to launch device protection for its industry-leading secure devices Read more
- Nigeria: African Development Bank and FSDH Merchant Bank sign $20 million Trade Finance Agreement to support Small and Midsize Enterprises (SMEs) and Corporates Read more