Chicago Mayor Heads to Fintech Week London in July
Fintech Week London – a week-long series of events celebrating London’s innovative fintech ecosystem and global connections – makes a welcome return in July attracting top-of-the-line speakers and delegates from around the world.
Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot will share learnings on how Chicago’s commitment to equality and inclusion is helping the US city’s fintech ecosystem realise a more diverse talent pool; while Rajesh Agrawal, Deputy Mayor of London for Business, will outline how London continues to attract global investors.
Back as an in-person event, Fintech Week London 2022 takes place from Monday 11 to Friday 15 July combining the best of learning and networking and covering the fintech industry’s hottest topics – with a 2022 theme of ‘The coming of age of the fintech industry’.
More than 2,000 attendees are expected to attend the week and will be treated to a series of engaging and insightful presentations from other respected industry keynote speakers, including Rich Fox, Director International at the FCA, and Rita Liu, CEO at Mode, as well as lively panel discussions and debates with the likes of techpassport.io, Morgan Stanley, Lloyds Bank, UBS and Zopa.
Content for Fintech Week London is curated and led by an illustrious panel that includes Chris Skinner (Chair), Ghela Boskovich (Financial Data and Technology Association), Susanne Chishti (FINTECH Circle), Leda Glyptis (10x Banking), Theo Lau (Unconventional Ventures) and Huy Nguyen Trieu (CFTE).
The week kicks off with a flagship two-day conference at etc.venues 133 Houndsditch on Liverpool Street. Further activity taking place over the five days includes the Open Source Finance Forum and The FinTech Awards London ceremony at The Underglobe on Wednesday evening, which will recognise and celebrate fintech professionals and companies making a difference in London.
There will be plenty of in-person networking activities, before the week culminates with a virtual event connecting key industry figures from global fintech hubs, including New York, Dubai and Singapore.
Raf De Kimpe, CEO of Fintech Week London, says: “It’s brilliant that Fintech Week London 2022 is back as an in-person event this year with tickets in huge demand. Last year’s hybrid event was limited to 50 per cent in-person capacity but still secured impressive interactivity scores. With high-quality speakers and fantastic sponsors already confirmed for 2022 – and even more to be revealed – this year’s event is going to be bigger and better than ever before.
“Fintech Week London is more than just an opportunity to ‘show and tell’ using infomercials dressed up as discussion panels, instead we’ll have the industry’s very best delving deep into fascinating, hot topics for an honest reflection on the good, the bad and the ugly aspects of the fintech industry.
“This year will also be far more dynamic, with a ‘Dragon’s Den’ style opportunity for five amazing companies, who will pitch their ideas to a panel of angel investors all in front of a live audience and audience interaction. We can’t wait to showcase some of the best that London and global fintech has to offer.”
Fintech Week London 2022 will focus on six key themes, including:
- Open Banking / Banking as a Service: exploring the momentum and future potential of open banking in the UK and beyond as it hits its four-year milestone in the UK.
- Digital Sovereignty: discussing the impact of a world that is ever more digital and data orientated, and will explore the importance of cybersecurity, privacy and fraud prevention in the quest for digital sovereignty.
- Big Tech and Big Banks: Coopetition: highlighting the numerous mergers, acquisitions and partnerships taking place, how the ‘coopetition’ (collaboration vs competition) between big tech and big banks has never been more relevant as the fintech industry comes of age.
- Trending in Fintech: covering a host of hot topics, from Buy Now Pay Later to Web 3.0, looking into a time of great innovation and the levelling up of the fintech world.
- Crypto: diving deep into the world of cryptocurrency to explore crypto and payments, as well as the ever-popular NFTs that show no signs of slowing down. Also, analysing the arguments for Central Bank Digital Currencies (CBDC) and examining the opportunities and challenges a UK CBDC would bring.
- Fintech for good: investigating advancements in climate and ethical finance in an ESG focused world, as well as understanding the need for further change.
Fintech Week London 2022 takes place from Monday 11 July to Friday 15 July. Headline sponsors include Crypto.com, Mambu, Workato, Twilio and The Fintech Power 50. An exclusive recording of the event’s key highlights and content will also be available to attendees.
For more information and to purchase tickets, visit https://www.fintechweek.london.The full programme will become available on the website in coming weeks.