bunq partners with Paysafe to enable cash deposits for digital banking
bunq, the Dutch challenger bank, has partnered with leading specialised payments platform, Paysafe, to provide customers with access to cash services. Customers who prefer to use cash in their daily lives can now use Paysafecash, one of Paysafe’s eCash solutions, to conveniently add cash into their bunq accounts.
The international roll-out of the partnership between Paysafe and bunq, which starts with 21 European countries, facilitates quick and secure cash deposits directly via the bunq mobile app. After selecting Paysafecash as the top up method in their app, the customer chooses how much cash to deposit into the account and generates a unique barcode for the transaction. The customer can then go to a nearby payment point, scan the barcode at the point of sales terminal and make the payment in cash. The deposited amount will show on the bunq balance within minutes.
Paysafecash is available at around 190,000 payment points in 29 countries (including the US and Canada), providing an extensive network for bunq customers in the 21 countries where the service has been activated.
Ali Niknam, founder and CEO of bunq, commented, “bunq was founded to challenge what banking is and can do. By putting our users first we have created a bank that is super focused on making life easy in a sustainable way. Teaming up with Paysafe means bunq users in even more European countries now have a safe and easy way to add cash to their bunq accounts.”
Udo Müller, CEO of paysafecard, the team behind Paysafecash, added: “The partnership between bunq and Paysafe allows for truly convenient and inclusive banking services. Our well-established eCash network provides a perfect extension to app-based digital banking and allows bunq to reach cash-reliant customers, which represent a considerable and attractive target audience.”
- Lumos Technologies Releases Lumos Prime+ Score for Small Business Loans Exclusively Through Lenders Cooperative Read more
- FIN-FSA withdraws Nada express osk’s registration under the Act on Payment Institutions to provide payment service without authorisation Read more
- Trustly closes acquisition of Ecospend – becoming the leading Open Banking payments company in the UK Read more
- Ripple Names Monica Long As President Read more
- OneSpan to Acquire Blockchain Technology Provider ProvenDB to Bring Secure Vaulting to the Future of Digital Transactions Read more