Amsterdam startups raise more than €400 million in 2018
New figures reveal Amsterdam-based startups raised more than €400 million in investments in 2018, with six companies in Amsterdam receiving €20 million or more each. Blockchain specialists Bitfury raised the largest amount at €80 million, while Agendia and Ohpen earned €35 million and €25 million each. Other startups in the top 10 include Framer, Digital Insurance Group and Tiqets.
A record-breaking year for Amsterdam’s tech industry
In December, Amsterdam was named Europe’s third-largest city region for developers in Atomico’s State of European Tech Report 2018, with 216,800 professional software developers. The report also showed that 2018 was a record-breaking year for the capital’s tech industry, with Adyen delivering the second-largest European IPO with a value of $7.8 billion US dollars based on market capitalisation at exit. Open source search and analytics company Elastic was fifth with $2.5 billion.
Find out more about startups in Amsterdam or read more business news from around the region.
- SavvyMoney Celebrates Signing of 1000th Financial Institution Amid Rapid Growth Read more
- Nene Capital Successfully Concludes First Acquisition of 2023 Read more
- P4 Healthtech Startup AERA Health Raises €4m in Pre-seed Round and Launches Read more
- Acquired.com Partners With Multipay as Its Official Hardware Provider for Card Terminals Read more
- AIB Selects Novidea’s Insurance Platform to Support Its Lloyd’s Coverholder Growth Strategy for the Caribbean Read more