ALLIANZ PARTNERS AND WAZE TEAM UP TO RESCUE STRANDED MOTORISTS
Over 22 million European users of Waze, the real time community-based traffic and navigation app, will now be able to access a new on-demand roadside assistance service if they are ever stranded. Users will be able to access the assistance service in real-time, by one simple click on the Roadside Help (‘SOS’) button within the Waze app.
Wazers will be assisted 24/7 in the event of a breakdown, flat tyre, flat battery, or miss-fuelling without having to sign up to a membership. The service is provided by Allianz Partners through the consumer-facing Allianz Global Assistance brand. Allianz Partners is an expert in the field of roadside assistance with over 35 years’ experience in providing premium manufacturer branded roadside assistance schemes.
“With 64% of the UK population commuting to work by car, and even more people than ever opting to do staycations, providing help while driving is what Waze has always tried to deliver,” said Finlay Clark, Waze’s UK Country Manager. “The partnership with Allianz Partners has enabled us to take the stress out of breaking down. Should anything happen when you are driving, help is just one click away. Additionally, the community is the beating heart of Waze which is why we’re excited to include the option to call for help from other Wazers, for situations where drivers just need an additional pair of hands. Waze takes the stress out of driving – now, with the help of Allianz Partners, we’re helping take the stress out of breaking down.”
Wazers will be able to benefit from the roadside assistance service across the United Kingdom, France, Italy, Greece, Turkey, Russia, the Netherlands and Belgium. The service will later be rolled out across Portugal, Spain, Ukraine, Romania, Slovakia, Hungary, Poland, Austria, Czech Republic, Switzerland, Ireland and Germany later this year.
Kate Walker, Head of Strategic Market Management for Allianz Partners in the UK explains, “We are proud to be joining forces with Waze to provide an on-demand assistance solution, making Wazers even more safe and secure. The partnership highlights our commitment to deliver reliable and value adding solutions to drivers in need, ensuring drivers’ safety wherever they are.”
The roadside assistance services offers three products:
- £95 incl VAT- Roadside Assistance- Attendance and up to 30 minutes of roadside assistance to get you back up and running
- £110 incl VAT- Recovery- Attendance, roadside assistance and then recovery up to ten miles from assistance location. Additional mileage possible at extra charge
- £250 incl VAT- Wrong Fuel Cover- Removal, draining, cleaning of the system after the wrong fuel has been used. Also includes small amount of the right fuel to get you going again.
- New R&D Tax Credit Could Leave Lots to Be Desired for Struggling UK SME’s Read more
- Leading Insurance Franchisor Reaches $1 Billion Milestone, Earns Industry Accolades Read more
- RISE Announces Winners of $1.5 Million Flood Insurance of the Future Challenge Read more
- Newgen Partners with Mambu to Streamline End-to-end Lending Processes Read more
- BayPort Credit Union Wins Two CUNA Diamond Awards for Creative Excellence in Marketing Read more