" class="no-js "lang="en-US"> Sberbank signs strategic cooperation agreement with Mother & Child Group of Companies - Fintech Finance
Tuesday, May 21, 2024

Sberbank signs strategic cooperation agreement with Mother & Child Group of Companies

Sberbank, the online service DocDoc (part of Sberbank Group) and the Mother & Child chain of medical centres have entered into a strategic partnership agreement as part of the development of DocDoc, the first federal healthcare marketplace.

The memorandum with the marketplace’s first strategic partner – the Mother & Child chain – will involve the centres providing healthcare services via the DocDoc platform. This includes telemedicine for pregnant and/or new mothers, health check-ups, pre-natal and post-natal support, private health insurance, and treatment of oncological and heart diseases.

Patients will be able to use telemedicine services without leaving their homes or offices and make appointments to see a medical specialist at one of the growing number of Mother & Child’s clinics and hospitals across 18 Russian regions. Services will also be available as part of private healthcare insurance programmes. People will be able to access these services nationwide from June 2018.

The strategic cooperation agreement is a vital step in developing our healthcare marketplace, which will help people who live in Russia access healthcare services offered by many leading clinics throughout the country, including those of market leader Mother & Child GC, regardless of whether or not they are Sberbank clients,” said Lev Khasis, First Deputy Chairman of the Executive Board of Sberbank.

We are delighted that one of our first partners of our federal project, which we are currently launching, is major medical centre chain Mother & Child. An added advantage of this is that people who live in the regions will be able to receive consultations from sought-after Moscow-based doctors. Having secured support from leaders of the healthcare sector for every category of the DocDoc marketplace, we will create a product that offers clients access to the best conditions of the healthcare services market,” commented Dmitry Petrukhin, CEO of DocDoc.

Mark Kurtser, CEO of Mother & Child GC, said: “We are very pleased to become a partner of DocDoc. Cooperation with this major federal platform gives us an innovative way to offer our high-quality services to current and future patients throughout Russia. As a leading multi-functional player on Russia’s private healthcare market, we will use the marketplace to provide our traditional services for women, as well as a wider range of services for other family members. Our considerable experience and widely-developed network of hospitals and clinics across 18 of the country’s regions mean that we can meet the needs of patients close to their homes. At the same time, for their convenience we will also provide telemedicine services – the market’s latest trend.

At the start of the year DocDoc and Sberbank Group decided to launch a new project – the DocDoc healthcare marketplace. The marketplace will let users receive a range of healthcare services and products via a single interface.

Sberbank’s analysts forecast that by 2022 the e-health market will have developed rapidly and be worth more than 238 bln roubles. DocDoc intends to occupy a leading market share. The primary services to be offered via the marketplace will include the ability to make appointments with doctors, view your health record and get second opinions, telemedicine, check-ups, online purchasing of medicine and insurance policies, healthcare tourism, integration with wearables, and a healthcare assistant.

Launched in 2011, DocDoc is a free-of-charge service for finding and then making appointments with doctors. On 25 May 2017, Sberbank announced its acquisition of a 79.6% stake in DocDoc. At the time the remaining 20.4% of the company was held by its founder Dmitry Petrukhin and other members of senior management.

Mother & Child GC has 35 state-of-the-art healthcare facilities, including five hospitals and 30 clinics in Moscow, Saint Petersburg, Ufa, Perm, Samara and the Samara Region, Irkutsk, Yaroslavl, Kostroma, Vladimir, Novosibirsk, Ryazan, Novokuznetsk, Krasnoyarsk, Omsk, Barnaul, Tyumen, and Voronezh. In addition, three clinics in Kyiv operate as franchises..

  1. Clearspeed Tell Us How Much Can Change In A Year | FF News At Insurtech Insights Read more
  2. AuthoriPay and State Street Global to Bring Exclusive Safeguarding Event Read more
  3. Polly Integrates With nCino’s Mortgage Suite to Streamline Pricing and Enable Better Loan Officer Mobility Read more
  4. The Future of Insurance Fraud Prevention from PwC | FF News at Insurtech Insights Read more
  5. g.tec medical engineering: the Global Team Making a Huge Impact on the World via Brain-Computer Interface Technology Read more