Ruud Van Gerwen – FRISS – ITC LATAM 2023
At ITC LATAM 2023 in Miami, FF News had a chat with Ruud Van Gerwen, Head of Global Marketing at FRISS, to discuss his pivotal role within the organisation and topics relevant to the industry.
FRISS is a technology company that specialises in fraud and risk solutions for the insurance industry, providing advanced AI-driven tools to detect and prevent fraudulent activities, enhance underwriting processes, and improve customer experience.
“What we see in the market is that there’s obvious changes. People are sort of spoiled, because they want to get the service they need, in the moment they need it. However, if you look at insurance companies and the services they provide, it could take a lot of time. By automating the process of knowing who you’re doing business with, we can make that process more smooth.”
“In Latin America, there’s a low penetration of insurance. People have no idea why they need to be insured, they’re often not aware that there is a concept like insurance. So, what works very well here is an embedded model, where if you want to ship your parcel from A to B, you click a box and you have insurance for that parcel.”
Companies In This Post
- Juniper Research: Digital Identity Verification Checks to Pass the 70 Billion Mark in 2024, as Businesses Prioritise Fraud Prevention Read more
- Pie Insurance Appoints Audra Foglietta as Chief Financial Officer Read more
- Triterras Announces the Appointment of Vinay Kapoor to Executive Vice President Read more
- Exchange Bank Taps Pidgin to Provide Real-Time Payment Options for Customers Read more
- Kroll Launches Detection and Response Maturity Model and Finds 91% of Businesses Overestimate Their Cyber Maturity, Increasing Their Vulnerability to Cyberattacks Read more