Carpool Conversations at ITC Vegas with Sherif Gemayel, Trufla – Why insurance brokers are like Big Tech
‘Dear Brokers, you’re more like Amazon than you think’.
Trufla Technology was born out of a brokerage, making them uniquely suited to understanding all the intricacies of an insurance brokerage, from the procurement of the client, to quoting, binding, and the distribution of policies. But in an industry so vital to the financial sector, why – and how – does it compare to big tech?
“Amazon doesn’t build anything. Facebook doesn’t curate any of the content. Google doesn’t build all those websites. They’re just distributors, which is exactly what a broker is.”
‘If you look at some of the biggest tech companies in the world they’re nothing more than distributors. Amazon doesn’t build anything. Facebook doesn’t curate any of the content. Google doesn’t build all those websites. They’re just distributors, which is exactly what a broker is’ says Gemayel.
Insurance brokers that are providing convenient service offerings through an Omni-channel experience are not only leading the pack, but are being sought out more frequently by the consumer.
Similarly it all comes down to convenience and the art of table stakes – a skill Sherif has mastered from his days as a pro poker player.
Companies In This Post
- Optimum Finance Continues Growth Trajectory with New Funding Capability Read more
- EXCLUSIVE: “Neobanking Around the World” – Alex Weber, N26 in ‘The Paytech Magazine’ Read more
- VizyPay’s Cash Discount Program Wins Bronze in 12th Annual Best in Biz Awards Read more
- BNY Mellon’s Isabel Schmidt on Payments Modernisation and the Digital Economy in 2022 Read more
- Virtual cards and updated Spending Insights join Starling Bank’s enhanced suite of money management tools Read more