Fintech Week London 2022
This content has been archived. It may no longer be relevant
With fintech causing disruption on a worldwide stage, the industry is moving past its infancy to be a full-blown player in finance services. Explore the concepts and evolution of fintech, and ask questions on the state of the sector and where we can go from here. Fintech Week London 2022, which expects to welcome around 2,000 attendees from across the globe will feature discussions about open banking, digital sovereignty, fintech for good, big tech and big banks, what’s trending in fintech and crypto. Content for Fintech Week London is curated and led by an illustrious panel that includes Chris Skinner (Chair), Ghela Boskovich (Financial Data and Technology Association), Susanne Chishti (FINTECH Circle), Leda Glyptis (10x Banking), Theo Lau (Unconventional Ventures) and Huy Nguyen Trieu (CFTE).
The week kicks off with a flagship two-day conference at etc.venues 133 Houndsditch on Liverpool Street. Further activity taking place over the five days includes the Open Source Finance Forum and The FinTech Awards London ceremony at The Underglobe on Wednesday evening, which will recognise and celebrate fintech professionals and companies making a difference in London.
There will be plenty of in-person networking activities, before the week culminates with a virtual event connecting key industry figures from global fintech hubs, including New York, Dubai and Singapore.
Fintech Week London 2022 will focus on six key themes, including:
- Open Banking / Banking as a Service: exploring the momentum and future potential of open banking in the UK and beyond as it hits its four-year milestone in the UK.
- Digital Sovereignty: discussing the impact of a world that is ever more digital and data orientated, and will explore the importance of cybersecurity, privacy and fraud prevention in the quest for digital sovereignty.
- Big Tech and Big Banks: Coopetition: highlighting the numerous mergers, acquisitions and partnerships taking place, how the ‘coopetition’ (collaboration vs competition) between big tech and big banks has never been more relevant as the fintech industry comes of age.
- Trending in Fintech: covering a host of hot topics, from Buy Now Pay Later to Web 3.0, looking into a time of great innovation and the leveling up of the fintech world.
- Crypto: diving deep into the world of cryptocurrency to explore crypto and payments, as well as the ever-popular NFTs that show no signs of slowing down. Also, analysing the arguments for Central Bank Digital Currencies (CBDC) and examining the opportunities and challenges a UK CBDC would bring.
- Fintech for Good: investigating advancements in climate and ethical finance in an ESG focused world, as well as understanding the need for further change.
The flagship conference 2022 will take place on Monday July 11 and Tuesday July 12, 2022, and register now. While you’re here take a look at our coverage from London Fintech Week 2021!