7th April 2017: Finnovation Africa: Uganda 2017
Finnovation Africa: Uganda 2017 is a very different kind of event, a complete re-boot, for a very different kind of industry. Deconstructed and shorn of all the usual, tired formats of the traditional convention – and built from the ground up as a genuinely new event that is as ground-breaking in its focus as it is in its format – and aspiring to be as innovative and transformative as the dynamic FinTech market it serves.
Finnovation Africa 2017 will gather all stakeholders and influencers in the African FinTech value chain from the key markets across Africa and internationally. The event will seek to better align FinTech directions and initiatives in Africa with the strategic economic priorities and requirements of key countries – and provide a roadmap of how the banking and financial services industry across the continent can make even greater strides towards a positively transformed future.
The focus is FinTech Impact and the objective is for such developments to deliver constructive economic outcomes and to be genuinely socially useful and improve how ordinary people engage with financial services. Government agencies, leading banks & financial institutions, legacy and neo payment players, international & regional influencers, the tech start-up community on the continent, and investors, will come together at Finnovation Africa 2017 in Uganda with the objective of harnessing the FinTech revolution to enable strategic economic priorities such as financial inclusion and deepening – FinTech impact: Making a positive difference.
- The currency of convenience: 80 per cent of 85–95-year-olds now pay with contactless Read more
- Moneyhub reveals retirement at risk – 40% of savers struggle to interact with their pension or investment provider Read more
- BBVA Spark and Capchase Sign Partnership Agreement Read more
- Cross River Launches Premier Fintech Investment Banking Franchise Read more
- PayTabs Egypt partners with Souhoola to enhance its payment solutions portfolio Read more